Thursday, October 9, 2014

Oh Ragnar be Kind!



If you're going to do it or you have to it you may as well do your best. There is a lot going on and taking off  and not enough time to tell you all about it yet! Stay tuned!!!

We are about to start quite an adventurous and rewarding journey. Coming up this weekend I'll be doing my best to share photos of the Ragnar-Vail Lake race. My team, "We came for S'more Running"
participated in the Utah Ragnar last April, and we got snowed in.

 I was on crutches. Hobbling around in the snow, was already way beyond the permissions I had obtained from the medical professionals. Of course I tried talking my Physical Therapist and Dr. into letting me race, but they recited all these things that could happen to my bones and my future adventures if I did. So I went anyways, and my not doing anything turned into walking around the camp until I couldn't feel my foot, but I didn't run. I was moral support. They did awesome, of course, until the course closed due to visibility problems and injured runners. The joys of obstacle and cross country races!!!

This year's Vail Lake is held at the location where the last Spartan Beast was cancelled. Yay.

This time, I'm closing the race. Back and kicking ass no matter how hot and humid it gets. I'm not in the best shape yet, --that's the next part of this journey-- but I will be in the company of friends getting little sleep and a lot of running done. Really, I just want my decal, and maybe a t-shirt, and the memories of pushing through and spending time with friends who run.

Of course I haven't packed. There's a pile of supplies I did buy today. And sure enough I got the busiest schedule for the rest of today. As I write this , it's 24 hrs til I wake up to drive away at 2 a.m. Friday Morning.

Race on my friends, and be kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment