Sunday, April 3, 2016

Open letter about love and appearance

Throw Back to 2013. Very handy since I'm about to tackle issues of negative talk again. The universe is awesome this way and here I was looking at this nuget of wisdom to bestow upon myself today.

Open letter about love and appearance.
Please do not compare love with appearance, they are very different things. I love the children, they love me. They know so and feel it in every bone. Our home is filled with love and hugs and kisses. We go to sleep and wake up to hugs and kisses. We speak of carrying our love in our hearts even if we are away. We talk about internal beauty and being the best we can. I allow them to be themselves and to feel secure in who they are not because of how they look, or what the world will think, but because of their innate invaluable nature. They are bathed, they wear clean clothes which they pick themselves, they brush their teeth and eat and play and are happy children. I hope they grow to see appearance is only that, and they should only worry about it until and unless they must, for it has a purpose, but it does not define you, or your relationships.
Plenty of successful people and plenty multimillionaires do not put success on their appearance or their kids' appearance. I cherish their innocence. Soon, the days of messy hair will be over and the need to look attractive (hopefully in high school and not middle school) will arrive. Soon, they will go to college and hold jobs and will have to worry about it. At five, he has the privilege to not have to worry yet.
Written in context, since Marcos' messy hair means to his father, that I don't love him and he "looks homeless."
Sometimes I lose myself in the toxicness, at times I am reminded that I can and do find the good in a toxic situation; so long as I stay focused on love. smile emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment